Sunday, June 25, 2006

 

Jealousy

In regards to the topic of this post, yes I am jealous that our other driver tonight pulled in over $50 in tips compared to my $26 for the same amount of deliveries.

That being said, I would like to thank the generous woman who gave me a $6 tip at the beginning of the night. I only wish your "above average" tip would have contributed to an above average night. As for the rest of the deliveries I took tonight, well, fuck all of you. Most of you, I should say. One or two of you offered tips greater than $3, though were still under 10% of the total bill. For the rest of the night, I was - as we drivers (dis)like to call it - "chicken farming." That's a buck, after a buck, after a buck.

Fortunately, nights this bad don't occur nearly as often as the good or average nights. Unfortunately, with the $26 I made tonight I'll hardly be able to afford the two new tires I need to buy tomorrow.

Here's to Tuesday.

Comments:
Most of my deliveries are in a rural area so I have to drive an average of 9 miles from the store but my tips generally average around $6. Keep in mind our store generally gets food to customers in less than 25 mins after they order. What car do you drive?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home