Wednesday, June 28, 2006

 

It Doesn't Get Much Worse

I can't even begin to imagine what was wrong with yesterday.

First off, I went into work at 4:45 and got off at 7:30. Why did I work for less than three hours? Well, in that time I managed to take three deliveries (3!) while our closing driver only had one. And I was more than happy to leave work last night and not waste any more gas on our scumbag customers. Here's how it went down:

Delivery #1: $15.64 order; $.36 "tip"
Delivery #2: $23.98 order; $2.02 tip
Delivery #3: $10.77 order; $3.23 tip

So it's clear only one person last night really respected me. I'd say the same about Delivery #2 if the man didn't live in a huge house five miles from the store. In my opinion, and maybe I'm stepping out of bounds here, someone who can afford such a massive house can afford to tip 15-20%. Of course, it's said around Pizzaland that the reason these people obtain such large homes is because they don't tip.

In any case, I made $5.61 for three deliveries last night, all of which required at least a 6 to 8-mile round trip, which means I drove at least 18-24 miles, so with gas prices at $2.80 and my car getting 20 miles to the gallon, I really only made about... well, $2.80. For 2.75 hours of work. I made $1.02/hr last night.

I'm taking today off to regroup.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home