Friday, June 30, 2006

 

Next Time, Do It Yourself.

Incidentally, the only person to tip me less than two dollars last night was also the only person to ever say to me "Grab him, will ya?" after letting his dog out the door. If I wasn't an animal lover and didn't care whether or not the dog could have gotten hurt after running away, I would have politely refused. Maybe not so politely, come to think of it. You let your dog out, you don't tell me to go get him.

Fortunately, I have a way with animals. I think so, at least. The dog didn't run very far before I whistled and patted the ground, then it ran back to me and rolled over. So I picked it up and carried it back to the house just in time for the woman of the house to hand me the check. The check, which was not rounded up to the next dollar, nor the dollar after that, but was written for $17.50 for a $15.64 order. How does someone decide "Let's give the boy $17.50"? Why not add an additional 14 cents and not look like such a scumbag, especially right after I've done you a favor by catching the dog you let out?

Jesus Christ. For the record, though, that was my second to last delivery last night and in the end I still averaged over $3 and 15% for each delivery. Best night I've had so far this week.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home