Saturday, July 08, 2006

 

Racism, or Not.

Since the subject matter of this post can be a bit touchy, I feel I should state a disclaimer before the rest of the post. So here goes.

First, I am not going to be politically correct. Second, this post is not based on opinion. Yes, I will be making generalizations, but these generalizations are based on not only my personal experience, but the experiences of those I work with and other drivers across the country. While I don't feel the need to collect the statistics for you, I will assure you they are out there. After you've read my post, if you're skeptical go ahead and do a Google search. You will discover I'm not lying, nor am I simply being racist. You will discover that what I've said is completely true.

Black people don't tip.

Am I saying that no black person has ever tipped a waiter or delivery driver or anybody else working in a tipped profession? No. As I said, this is a generalization. In general, black people don't tip. Have I gotten tipped by black people? Yes, several times. But generally, no. Nine times out of ten, black people don't tip. Why don't black people tip? Nobody knows. Not even black people. I've heard many excuses, the most common of which being that black people expect extraordinary service and will not tip if it's anything less. To me, that's bullshit. Plain and simple. Because of this, either black people are assholes or that's not a real reason. In fact, if the reason is anything other than ignorance, then black people are assholes.

Do I hate black people?
No.

Do I hate delivering to black people?
Yes.

Are there other races that don't tip? Generally, no. The only real tipping problem seems to be with black people. Asians could use a few pointers, but at least they tip. Rich white women need to learn how to tip better, but that's a discussion for another day. Indians, Mexicans, and rednecks generally tip, and tip well enough.

Once again, this is a broad generalization of all black people. I have black customers who tip; one or two of whom tip rather well. But in general a black person will either hand over the exact change or round up to the nearest dollar.

Comments:
I hear ya. Not to start a race war or anything on here, but I've also noticed that black people don't volunteer either. I live in Philadelphia, which has a very large black population. Yet, you go to a fundrasier or something and 99% of the people there are non-blacks. What, black people don't get cancer too? Yeah you do, so you can walk for the cure too!

Seriously though, doing the bare minimum is why you are on the bottom.
 
fuck the previous poster
 
Post a Comment



<< Home