Wednesday, July 19, 2006

 

Dine-in Rule Number One

Alright, I understand this is supposed to be a blog about delivery, so I'll try and keep the dine-in posts to a minimum. The fact of the matter is, Napoli's is a dine-in store and I have duties other than taking deliveries.

So here's rule number one for dine-in customers:
TRY TO CLEAN UP AFTER YOURSELVES, YOU FILTHY ASSHOLES.

I know, I know, I'm asking a lot there. But it's a goddamn matter of respect. Respect for the employees at the restaurant as well as respect for the other customers. I'm not asking you to carry your plates to the dishwasher or even to stack them to make busing the table easier. I'm talking about the floor. If you drop a napkin, pick it up. If you drop food, pick it up. Don't just throw shit on the floor. If you don't want to eat it, set it aside on your plate. If your child drops something, make him/her pick it up.

We clean the tables after every customer leaves, but we don't have time to clean the floors until the end of the night when everyone's gone and we simply don't want to pull out the vacuum every five to ten minutes. The other customers probably wouldn't appreciate that, either. So how would you feel if you came to a restaurant and sat down at a table to discover the floor below was filthy? Would you enjoy standing in other peoples' food and dirty napkins? No, you wouldn't. In fact, you'd probably blame the waitperson and stiff him/her because you're a cheap asshole. Anyway, you wouldn't like that. Nobody would. It's unpleasant. So fucking pick up your shit before you leave. Just pick it up and drop it on the table. Anywhere on the table is fine, because we'll take care of it.

Babies are sloppy eaters. Babies throw shit all over the place when they eat. Not adults. Adults are supposed to be mature and grown-up. So when an adult drops something, he/she needs to pick it up. Because adults aren't babies. If a baby drops something, by the way, the nearest adult should pick it up. Babies cannot be expected to clean up their own shit. But adults can behave like grown-ups and help keep the place tidy.

Comments:
When I go to a restaraunt and my 1 year old child drops crumbs on carpet, I know I cant clean it up, so I leave a huge tip cause I feel bad, but if there are huge chunks of food, I clean it up. I hate to clean so why make others do it. I feel bad because waiters get taken advantage of and blamed for alot of things. They mess up my order, little dock in tip, kitchen mess it up, no dock in tip. Common sence is rare but at least I have some. I cant wait for the rest of the world to aquire some.
 
Guh, seriously. Babies make huge freakin' messes. It makes me want to stab myself. At least a lot of people whose kids make a huge mess leave a really good tip.

It's really annoying when I have to get down on my knees in front of other customers and pick spaghetti noodles off the carpet.

And it blows for you later have to try to vacuum up shit left by customers. I always try to get the big stuff up so you don't have to try to conquer it with the ghetto vacuum cleaner (It came apart last night when Joey was trying to vacuum, and started sucking up his shirt. Quite amusing, really)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home